Thursday, April 19, 2012

A to Z: Quotes

Q for the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

Q is for Quotes

"All credibility, all good conscience, all evidence of truth come only from the senses." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"Birth and death are not two different states, but they are different aspects of the same state. There is as little reason to deplore the one as there is to be pleased over the other."-Mahatma Gandhi

"If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes." -Pablo Picasso


"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing". 
-Arundhati Roy

"I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center." -Kurt Vonnegut


"If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution." -Emma Goldman

"A word is dead when it is said, some say. I say it just begins to live that day." -Emily Dickinson

"In the twilight, it was a vision of power." -Upton Sinclair



"Dark spruce forest frowned on either side of the frozen waterway. The trees had been stripped by a recent wind of their white covering of frost, and they seemed to lean towards each other, black and ominous, in the fading light. A vast silence reigned over the land." -White Fang, Jack London

2 comments:

  1. When quotes like this are read there is a feeling that humanity is not so bad after all. I just wish more of us felt this way. I wish too that there were more letters in the alphabet I don't want this series to end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Arundhati Roy quote. And I agree with oldegg, there is so much hope in these lines.

    ReplyDelete